After glancing at my current work I decided I liked how the characters and decided to render them.
Of course, they still do not have hair and I am still debating whether I will just draw the hair in or model it in the sims style. I have ultimately decided to do both on one model in my free time and make a decision that way. I also like how the toon shader turned out because it gives flat colors, but also shadows too. Some of these shadows look a little awkward though so I am currently fixing them in ibis PaintX. I have also noticed that parts of my original plan are not really going to work so I drew new ideas to help that. This blogpost is to verbalize that.
I already envisioned the family at a table, but I decided that rather than making this the main focus I want it to be more at the bottom half of the piece while text and the other objects take up the top half. I also that including white outlines and drawings would be cool as a way to kind of showing what is going on internally rather than making the parents show it physically. I also envisioned this table to be like those tables where people gamble at where the child has to choose following what he wants for his future versus what his parents want.
I also decided on three other gambling-related things that I want to model and make pixel art out of to kind of emulate all of this as being some sort of game. These are basically supposed to make it seem more like doing what he wants versus what his parents want is like a gamble. I also planned to make them more in sequence. For example rather than just copying a bunch of fortune cookies, each duplicate would be slightly different like telling their own story.
Work Log:
Monday:end of marking period posts
Tuesday:end of marking period posts
Wednesday:end of marking period posts
Thursday:end of marking period posts
Friday: began modeling table
No comments:
Post a Comment