Sunday, November 17, 2019

Artist Blogpost

In my marking period blogpost, I discussed wanting to review more artists and take inspiration from them and so in this blogpost I will be doing that with the Instagram artist yyyaaannnnnniiiccckkk. One thing that really caught my eye about this artist is how they cut parts of one photo and duplicate them around the character as well as the use of colorful lines. I want to observe these components in their work and figure out how I might want to use them in my own work.

These are some of the artist’s work:



























One thing I want to talk about is their use of colorful outlines and drawings. This is something I have kind of used before with the drawings of the sun and moon among the flowers. However, I feel that this artist uses it to show the internal workings of the character by building it onto the character while I was more or less just creating a scene on top of a picture. While the two things are very similar, I like this idea of showing the inside with white outlines and drawings rather than solely relying on the outlines for the scene. I do however do not think using so much coloful outlines would be as beneficial for my work as it is for this artist. I believe I would go too crazy with it and make the work too crowded so I do want to keep this to a minimum of outlines or movements in the scene rather than this elaborate concept that the artist creates.

One thing that I have tried but have never been able to do as well as this artist is to select a certain part of the main photo and duplicate and transform onto the character. In terms of placement, the artist seems to keep it relatively close to the original position and you seem to be able to identify where they are because of the shadows on the skin. I really like how high quality the cuts are and it makes me really think about how I am selecting things in order to achieve the best shape possible. I really like how it looks, but I believe that this is something that would only work out best for me if I stuck with only doing it on the background. I think this is mainly because my characters are not made to look like real-life humans that this is more difficult since you cannot really distinguish where the cut begins and ends making really one big mush.

Work Log:
Monday:Drone
Tuesday:Field Trip
Wednesday:Field Trip
Thursday:Wellness Summit
Friday:Worked on circle table

No comments:

Post a Comment