Sunday, November 10, 2019

Review Blogpost

Shriya:
This year, Shriya decided to focus on the theme of nature and human nature. For her animation, she decided to base the scene off the Conodoguinet. I think that this is cool that she is taking the places around her and using them as inspiration for her art. Her original story was supposed to be about two girls going around the river and encountering obstacles but it eventually became a story about a child growing up and the mother having to accept it no matter how hard it is. I liked that she kept an open mind about the story of the animation and worked with what worked and what did not. I think that maintaining this mindset she was able to take what she got and still made a great animation out of it which is why I would like to try to keep an open mind as well. For this animation, Shriya used particle systems to duplicate. I think this is very helpful and if I ever need to create duplicates of something, using particle systems will be helpful.


















Vivian:
This year Vivian is focusing on the theme of looking inward where she is basing her animations off art pieces she has made. These drawings are people unraveling to express the idea of people slowly unraveling over time but for her animations she wanted it to be more realistic so someone can look at her animation and see themselves in the character place. She decided to show this through screenshots rather than animating the character on one day. I think this is cool because it shows change over time but does not create a lot of work that animating the scenes would do. I do not do animation but doing screenshots and incorporating that into my artwork sounds like something I could do. I also like how she uses both the character’s body language and facial expressions as well as the room to show this idea of unraveling over time.


Caden:
This year Caden decided that he wanted to continue creating vlogs like videos where he showcases his personal life and music. I like how he uses his work to showcase who he is as it makes the work more meaningful and purposeful. In the future, I should try making my art more personal to me to add this extra meaning to my work. This will not be all the time but once in a while, it would be good. In his vlog, he does not narrate what is going on. I like this because it makes his blogs feel more like those home videos rather than some big Youtuber yelling at a camera for thirty minutes. I also like how he already has a plan for what he wants to do for the next marking period since it allows him to get more work out. I should do this so I do not get stuck without an idea and so I can just continue to work.

Sophia:
This year Sophia has focused on making interviews, comedic videos and photographs. One thing Sophia focuses on is making things that she generally likes to make. As always I agree with this and always try to do the same with my artwork. One thing she also mentioned is that she has a structure for what she wants to make for her videos but she also kind of does her videos on the flow. I kinda like this way of working. I feel that having a strict plan feels a little constricting and maybe I should keep more of an open mind of what I do want to make to help the process feel freer.

Auburn: Over the summer Auburn began by writing a bunch of ideas for films she wanted to make so she was never stuck with no ideas. I like this because I always feel like I have an idea but once I have time to make it it leaves or it just does not sound as good. So by writing it down, I will have this idea preserved for when I can finally create it. This marking period she is focusing on making a documentary about veterans so she can preserve their stories in a film. She prepared by making questions that she would ask all the veterans so she has the same content from all her interviewees. After filming some interviews, Auburn has realized that she was having trouble keeping track of all the footage by adding timestamps to areas that she knew that was important. I like this idea and I feel that by better organizing my files so my workspace flash drive and computer can be better organized in case I need anything from previous projects.














Work Log:
Monday:Blogposts
Tuesday:Blogposts
Wednesday:modeled table
Thursday:modeled table
Friday:filled out the evaluation sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment