At a google search of his art and his name, it is clear that this guy draws clowns or draws people and adds on clown-like features like frilly clothes and cone-shaped hats. This helps build unity in his work since most of his work is this and it is kind of established as his thing. I can also see this as being a common theme of being a clown or being different from being shown in different ways in his work. Either way, I like it because it does not feel like he is starting with something completely different and new with each piece. Instead, it is more like a continuation of all his other pieces. I feel like this could be something fun to try not in the way that I am trying to have all my characters be clowns but more like I should continue on with a story or similar meaning among all my pieces. That way each artwork is like a little piece of a big general puzzle.
Another thing that I think really brings out unity among his pieces is the ways he draws. His pieces can range from being playful to detailed but still stay unified because his lineart and coloring remain consistent. His lineart is kind of shown to be shaky which is something that I find to really like in art and the way he mainly colors art is light and kind of rushed so you can see the details on it. Something I wanted to do this year combined my drawings and my models together and create a collage of them. This is not something I want to strictly follow doing but kind of following this general passion of modeling and editing my work could create this unity in my art.

Lastly, goatpierrot has characters that kind of link his art to him. However, from what I have seen these characters are not very common in his art. He also mainly sticks to primary colors for his art but he does have exceptions. Although these are common things he has that he can use to make art, he does not let it restrict him to make whatever he wants which is something I really like.

Work Log:
Monday:modeling tables
Tuesday:texturing tables
Wednesday:rndering tables
Thursday:modeling grown boy
Friday:modeling grown boy




No comments:
Post a Comment