Monday, September 2, 2019

Planning Blogpost

For this blogpost I will be going over the general concept of my first piece. This specific piece will be focusing on relying on false reassurances to avoid facing reality. To illustrate this, I will have a character surrounded by superficial things like horoscopes, tarot cards, fortune cookies to represent the false reassurances telling her that she should expect good fortune in the future. My original thought of the project looked like this:



This looks a little bare but I do like how the character turned out so I am thinking of drawing another one and using that for the character rather than 3D modeling her. I also think that it should have color in it. Going along with the general color scheme structure that I mentioned in the themes blogpost, I thought of the color schemes gray, white, pink, blue and gray, blue-violet, white, black, pink. I personally like the first color scheme because it is simple but leaves a lot of options for me to choose from when creating this piece.



I also envisioned this as all these false reassurances are surrounding the character so I created this set up that will include both modeled, photographed and digital or hand drawn pictures. I mainly focused on a witchy supernatural look to it by using things like tarot cards and fortune cookies. Currently I know that the fortune cookies and crystals are being modeled while the magic 8 ball is just going to be a picture since I actually have one, but for the tarot cards I am either going to draw them digitally or by hand depending on which one turns out better. After looking at tarot card setups I see that one is having a card on top of a card representing the challenges one is presently facing. I plan on using this to further reiterate the message that depending on these false things are holding them back in the present.



Lastly I imagined glasses on this character but I decided to 3D model the glasses because I know I will not be able to do as good of a job if I were to draw them. I also wanted these glasses to have pink lenses to show the optimism in the character when looking at these false predictions.

 Work Log:
Monday:modeled cookies
Tuesday:modeled crystals and glasses
Wednesday:textured crystals and added details to crystals
Thursday: worked on textures for glasses cookies and scene
Friday:worked on scene

No comments:

Post a Comment