Friday, September 27, 2019

Cloths Blogpost

As I progress through my latest project I have reached the point where I now have to cloth my characters. While I have been doing this I have noticed that I am not very knowledgeable on the clothes I want the characters to wear and how to make them look more realistic. So, this blogpost will be dedicated to doing research on the clothes and how to create good creases for these characters. I am basically already done with the son so I won’t include him in this.

 What I Want the Characters to Wear:
Father:
Since I want the scene to kind of relate to taking a gamble I want the characters to dress more formally because that’s how I imagine casinos. For the father, I plan on having him wear a suit looking kind of like this:


I only envision the characters upper halves showing so I am really only going to focus on the upper part of the suit. Upon first look, everything seems to be very smoothed out around the body so I should not try to add creases there and simply leave it alone once I model it. The arms however seem to be very creased around the elbows. The degree to how deep these creases are will be something I’ll base off of how bent the father's arms are.


When looking at the back there does not seem to be much definition or creases which means that I will most likely only have to work on making the back look like a back. Also, I will also need to add seems to the backs of the arms and blazer. Lastly, you can see both the collar of the blouse and blazer on the back.
Plans:

Mother:

For the mother, I envisioned a dress that was open in the back so I am also going to also have to learn how to make a good back.

The dress overall looks like it is a tight fitting dress and that it does not seem to have very many creases on it meaning I will only really need to focus on seams for details on the dress. When looking at the back there only seems to be two things I can add to make is seem like a back: the shoulder blades and the line down the spine. So, overall the mother does not seem to be someone that I will/should be spending too much time on.
Plans:


Work Log:
Monday:modeled body
Tuesday:modeled body
Wednesday:modeled boys clothes
Thursday:modeled boys clothes and began modeling hands
Friday:pep rally

No comments:

Post a Comment