Sunday, September 22, 2019

ibis PaintX


When it comes to editing and drawing, I use an app on my phone called ibis Paint X. I prefer this program because it allows to do multiple things in the program for free that other programs would charge for. Recently, there was an update in the app that added new brushes and effects and I want to use this blogpost to make a record of all the parts of this app that I like and show what various special effects do that I find possibly useful throughout the school year.
Brushes:
 Originally, the ibis Paint X brushes I would only use were these:



these would only give a more pixelated and hard look which made me really reliant on the smudge tool for blending colors. However, for this update they added more realistic brushes that emulate pencils and brushes along with airbrushes that I have used in other apps for blending.



just airbrush
airbrush and smudge
just smudge


Another thing to note is that some of the brushes are “restricted”. This basically means that if you do not want to pay for the premium options you can watch an ad and use all the brushes for a limited amount of time. Once that time is over you watch another ad and get the brushes for free again and,for as long as I have had this app, I am pretty sure that you can just keep doing this.




Effects are now categorized on what they do. The ones I tend to use the most are the adjust color ones. The three I use the most are hue/saturation/lightness, color balance and extract line drawing.
Hue saturation lightness:
Pretty straightforward


Color balance:
I tend to use this option when I want to change the color of a photo because I much more options to get the color I want. I mainly use this to get an object to blend in with the rest of the environment.




Extract line drawing:
This option always shows up when you add a photo to the drawing and my advice is to always click no because you can always add it in later. I use this for a lot of things and it is probably one of the most important things for me when I make my art but it basically only does this:


So I can do this on the layer under it:



Or this:



The cool effects: As seen above that channel shift I did last year is an effect on the app but they also added a glitchy one this update


And there are also effects that can cause a motion appearance


Effects that create the Thanos snapping look



A glowing outline along with a shadow


gradients are also possible


And the manga background that I used to create the dotted effect on the lady


Other cool stuff:
Along with this they also have rulers that will keep lines straight and also have symmetrical ruler that will also maintain symmetry


And the last thing I want to include is their file of materials that I like to use to make backgrounds


Work Log:
Monday:modeled child
Tuesday:added age to parents
Wednesday:modeled ear
Thursday: finished ear and added ear to characters
Friday:modeled child body

No comments:

Post a Comment