Saturday, August 24, 2019

Themes in Conceptual Film

Last year I focused on the themes of looking inward and looking outward. This year I only want to focus inward. I only want to focus on looking inward inward this year because I want my art to kind of show a little bit of myself so by basing my art on emotions I will able to do this. I also felt that I had more difficulty working on looking outward since I was not as personable to it as I was to the looking inward theme. This year I want my art to display emotions or situations that I personally feel at times by using characters and various items to create the scene. This will kind of appear in a similar manner as Yusuke Nakamura’s art that I have mentioned in a blogpost before. I personally really like the look of pieces like that and want to be able to put that into my art more successfully.



Last year, I felt that my art was very colorful and clashed when they were put together like on my display. This year I want to keep a similar look to my art so this does not happen. Some things I plan to do with my art is keep a general color scheme throughout. I am currently thinking of doing gray with 3-4 other colors. I plan on choosing these colors through the emotions I want to convey in the pieces and want to do more research on the effects colors have on emotion. I feel that I can do a lot with this general structure of color while making it look minimal and nice like the artist did in the art here:



 I also like how Sikander has a recurring character in her art that kind plays as her. I feel like if I create characters that will display certain emotions or at least make my characters look similar to one another then it would make the meanings of my work easier to read since they are portraying the emotion I want to convey and create that unified look I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment