Friday, March 22, 2019

End of Marking Period 3 Blogpost

Intention Definition/Exploration of Ideas:
This marking period I continued working on my theme of emotions and experiences. Over the summer I had this idea of making a skeleton that is just laying back and enjoying themself. Overall I wanted the skeleton to portray the idea of relaxation. Last marking period I began to work on this and focused on modeling the skeleton. This marking period I was able to actually work on this idea and create this series that I have had in my head for some time.

Planning: Once I have reached the beginning of the third marking period, I was ready to rig my model. To do this, I looked at rigify and how to do that so it would take me a couple of minutes to rig my model. In the end, it took a couple of weeks and I did not use rigify because I faced too many problems with it. I also dedicated a blogpost to plan out how I wanted my scenes to look like, which is much more beneficial than just working off of nonsense in my head. It also let me create ideas based off of research on how others relax. Lastly, out of class, I have been working on works for the NAHS shop and I have been playing around with editing images. I enjoyed the realism to it so I did research on how to create hair in blender so I could then use my models instead of random people on google for my artwork.
   
Producing:

Evaluating: Looking at the pieces I have created this marking I really enjoyed the colors that I used and they definitely look well together and make the piece look better. Also, I really like the outlines on the skeleton and definitely looks better than it did in my piece last marking period since they also appeared inside this model and. I also liked how I animated it and although I am not really interested in creating a story, I do like the movement and would like to try this in future works if possible. Originally, I did want this to have shadows but the world would reflect onto the model which I did not like, and when I tried this method out I really liked the outlines and decided to continue with this look. I would like to try and make this method work better for future work but I will keep this series shadeless. One thing I do want to do for future works is to think about what I want to convey and how I should do rather than creating a model off of an idea and then think of the scenes based off of a general idea.

NAHS Art Shop works:

          

Integrating: This marking period the major thing that I learned previously that I used this marking period is the rigging part. Since I and rigify did not get along well, I used a lot of what I learned in 3D animation last year to animate and create the scenes in my skeleton series. For example, I used shape keys to create the skeleton’s face rather than destroying the work I put into it and so I can use it later. Along with this, I used what I learned about weight paint last year to make the appendages move the way I wanted them to which was to be less like a human where everything moves together and more like multiple parts moving depending on the bone. I also used what I learned last marking period about creating a 2D scene to create the scenes for my skeleton.

Work Log:
Monday:modeling scene, and posing skeleton
Tuesday:modeling scene
Wednesday:animating snowflakes
Thursday:animating steam
Friday: Rendering and writing this blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment