Sunday, September 30, 2018

Brainstorm Page-Futaba Sakura


The concept sketch from the summer.
I don't I want to keep the bun.
Throughout this week I have simply been working off my ideas in the summer involving the character from Persona 5, Futaba Sakura. I have only finished the head since I want to revise my original idea. Looking at these drawings and ideas, they seem to be very plain and I want to use some techniques from the previous investigations to make it better.
The progress I made this week. I didn't know what
I wanted to do for the piece
so I stuck with making the head look human.

In Persona 5, a group of teenage rebels explore a place called the Metaverse to change the corrupt desires of the adults around them. Each member of this group have personally gone through some experience with a corrupt adult, and finds their true self aka persona and fights back. For Futaba, she was constantly accused by family and friends for her mother’s death which really stood out to me. For the piece, I want to include this message of standing up against the people who hurt and bring you down.

I like the color scheme used in this and want
to use this for the piece.
Of the former blog posts I have done, I definitely want to include some of Shepard Fairey’s use of color and text into the piece and David Salle’s use of layering. For text and image, I have been thinking of using two things: “I killed no one” and an excerpt from the suicide note or quotes of people blaming her for killing her mother. I also want this to layer over the original photo and use various angles like David Salle. I will be doing this in Photoshop rather than just trying to do it in one go. I also want to add action or a design in the background so it isn’t just white in the background. I like how Fairey fills up space in his pieces by including patterns and quotes in the background of his art. I definitely want to do something like this for my art. I’ve personally been thinking of using the colors in Futaba’s outfit and using patterns that are used throughout in the game.


Some main designs in the game:
Jagged lines and stars along with the star in a star ina star design. Splatters are also commonly used. 
This gives emphasis and motion which I should include 
in the background.


Broken pieces and the color scheme
red and black are big in this game and should be included. I think I will make the
background broken and jagged to fit this design.

Concept Sketches:
Throughout the game, Futaba has been described as being buried in a coffin and suffocating from guilt over her mother’s death, so for my first concept, I decided that I should incorporate that idea into it. I wanted the text to be at an angle in the top left corner. Personally, I thought the meaning behind it was cool, but the position was awkward and I could not think of anything better to do to incorporate the coffin. I did like the patterns in the corner though and I personally thought patterns suited the game.



The second concept that I think I will be doing and working on for the remainder of the piece is just a variation of the original concept. When working on this simple sketch, I thought of just layering the text onto the jacket rather than including it into the background which I thought was cool and conserved space. I also think I should use a pattern more like the previous concept than this one since it sticks to the original design of the game rather than just some random design. Personally, I like the pose and the variety of things I can add to this concept in the future than the other which is why I want to work of this.


Work Log:
Monday- modeling head
Tuesday- modeling head
Wednesday- modeling glasses and teeth
Thursday- modeling eyes and eyelashes
Friday- modeling ears

No comments:

Post a Comment