Some of Shepard Fairey's Art:

I love the printed effect of Fairey’s art and I think I would like to try this with some of my works too. Along with this, I like Fairey’s choice of colors and how they all blend together nicely. Also, for pieces like the girl in “make art not war” and “paint it black” I like the patterns in the background and how it kind of singles out the piece or focus in the piece. I also like how Fairey uses recurring images in his art and will change the words and meaning to the image. Lastly, I like how Fairey uses words in his art. I like how they don’t stand out as the main piece, but still make a big impact to the piece. I also like how they blend in with the piece whether it makes it appear like a poster or are in the image itself.
In conclusion, I’ve learned that text and image can take an image and can completely change the meaning or thought of it into something else. I’ve noticed that contemporary artists mainly use text and image to share a message or viewpoint on a topic by adding it to an image that people generally wouldn’t relate to it or not think of straight away. I think I will use text and image to share my thoughts or personal experiences in my art. Along with this, I think I will be using text and image in a similar fashion to Fairey, by making it appear more like a poster. Lastly, I was definitely inspired a lot by Shepard Fairey’s art. I don’t think I will follow this style directly, but I am definitely inspired by the poster look and his use of multiple colors in his work.
Sources:
http://www.artnet.com/artists/shepard-fairey/
https://www.artsy.net/artist/shepard-fairey
http://www.streetartbio.com/shepard-fairey
https://www.interviewmagazine.com/art/shepard-fairey
No comments:
Post a Comment