On tik tok, I saw this thing with frogs and it kind of made me think of a pixelated frog like something you would see on a playstation game. Because of that, I decided I wanted to make a piece with pixelated frogs. That was like three weeks ago. I tried three separate times to make something and I do not like the results. So I am hoping putting it out on paper would help me figure out what I want for this piece.
I know I like the color scheme but it does not spark joy.
So first I tried to draw the character out on paper and see if I did not like that. I wrote out some characteristics I wanted and tried drawing the face based on that. With these two sketches I got the silhouette that I was looking for but I did not feel it would work with the piece.
From there, I thought that maybe its her lack of a body so I went on forever 21 and chose an outfit for her. I like the drawing, and it gave me the idea of drawing a normal human and using the color scheme and frogs to make it look crazy. I also think I need to change the background even though I do like it. I feel that it is currently too simple which is holding me back with the character. So I think the background is something I should visit afterwards.
Lastly, I have three ideas on making the frogs: pixel art, draw it, or model it. At this point I think that I am going to do the drawing one since I feel it will take less mental power.



No comments:
Post a Comment