This is a very good example of what I am talking about:
I'm doing it with this image though:
So first in ibis PaintX I took the manga panel I wanted to animate and broke that into separate transparent layers. I also drew in certain parts like the antlers so I don't have to worry about blank space. I then saved these as transparent images.
Then I put these into blender like I did with hair textures in the sims hair blogpost and arranged them so they matched up.
Next I played with shape keys to see if I can deform the mesh that way. I figured out that I need to subdivide the mesh in order to actually morph it but it does seem to work.
Then I animated the planes the way I wanted and exported it. I did not experience any problems with this other than the gray of the background matching the shadow on the neck but this project wasn't something too big to motivate me to go back and change that.
I noticed while animating I forgot to try and make the eyes blink which I think would work if I made the eyes a separate layer and used shape keys but, although this is very simple in comparison to most edits, I figured out something pretty cool. Maybe I will even try this with my own drawings.

No comments:
Post a Comment