Sunday, February 10, 2019

Rigging

This week I finished modeling my skeleton for my artwork, so for this blogpost I will discuss rigging and hopefully kill two birds with one stone and rig my skeleton as well. After looking through some videos on YouTube I found this one video that basically sets up a mesh and uses something by the name of rigify to do the rigging for them.

A Step-by-Step Process of Rigging Using Rigify:

1.To start off the creator puts the model in the classic t-pose.


2. Then they use one of the armatures presets and lines it up to work with model


3. Hit “Generate” at the bottom of the armature tab and after a few seconds the rig will be created



Currently, a rig is created for my model but the model does not move with it nor is the rig appropriately sized so I am currently trying to work that out. But, once I do get that to work I will then make sure the rig works the way I want to and then I will be able to actually create some pieces.

UPDATE 2/18: By resetting the location, rotation, and scale of the rig and model the rig will then line up with the model. From there you would connect the model to the rig using control + p and click "with automatic weights". However, I still have not been able to get it to work at this point as an error shows up once I connect the two parts together. After searching some forums, I have found that the whole mesh needs to be joined together, doubles need to be removed, and the separate meshes cannot be intersecting one another(this is what I believe is my problem and I am currently working on it) in order to get the automatic weights to work.


Rigging a Face:

Throughout this week I have been seeing videos in which characters faces are also rigged and while looking through videos I found one where this creator creates a rig that they have found to work on all types of faces and I just wanted to include that in case of me wanting to try that on any other models I create in the future.



1.Create a main head bone and connect it to the head


2.Create tinier bones at the areas where you want the mesh to move(eyebrows, lips, eyes, jaw)


3.Connect these newly created bones and connect them to to the main head bone


4.Connect the mesh to the armature


5.Use weight paint to fix any errors


Work Log #1:
Monday:modeled foot
Tuesday:color theory
Wednesday:modeled foot
Thursday:color theory
Friday:finished foot and began texturing

Work Log #2:
Monday:No School
Tuesday:No School
Wednesday:Fixing the mesh
Thursday:Fixing the mesh
Friday:Fixing the mesh

No comments:

Post a Comment