David:
For the school year, David originally wanted to create a full-on game, but this marking period he realized that this may be too much to complete in one school year and instead he decided to complete only one level of this game. This is something I personally feel like I do often with my works personally and seeing David set lower goals but still in the end actually create something makes me feel comfortable to bring my expectations down to a level that I can achieve with the time I have. David has also created character sprites and uses gifs to make them move. Using gifs to make art was something I originally wanted to do with my art and seeing David’s sprites move around really motivates me to try to make gifs maybe for even my current project too.
Sofia:
This marking period, Sofia realized that making a documentary on punk and hardcore would be difficult because of all the different parts to it. Instead, she made a youtube channel with Caden that would be able to cover all these parts of punk and hardcore music in a better way than a documentary would. Along with this, Sofia has also experienced that she has all these ideas in her head which causes her to give up on projects for new ideas in her head. This is definitely something I feel from time to time and watching her break through this clutter of ideas and create a way that would help her make these ideas into films and not let them die really motivates me to organize my ideas and work on them rather than just leaving them as thoughts and lose them. Also, Sofia created random videos that were just supposed to be fun and random. This is something I should try to do myself as I feel that I am really worried about reaching a theme rather than having fun making work.
Vivian:
This marking period, Vivian finished her animation Tummy Ache. She created a storyboard and a drawing to help her visualize this animation and her next animation/gif. This is something I kind of does but is something I should be putting more effort into so I have something I can reference back to rather so I can reference back to it like Vivian did this marking period with her animation. Vivian’s next animation is going to reuse the same model from this animation which lets her spend more time on the animation rather than making another model. This is something that I am working on myself so I can be more efficient myself.
Mark:
Mark made two films and edited a part of his interview this marking period. For his two films, Mark made comedies and worked off of simple ideas on the spot. Personally, I don’t do well in working on a project over a long period of time so I feel like working on a project in one sitting or a shorter period of time would also be helpful for me although I will be planning out my ideas beforehand as I feel that would help me better than just going on an idea in my head. Mark also focused on having fun with his films and was not looking to make something serious, depressing or meaningful. This is something I should do myself in the sense of me trying to make something I like without trying to suffocate the meaning in it by focusing on it throughout the entire process of making it.
Shriya:
This marking period, Shriya continued working on her mythical creatures animation. She initially wanted to finish her animation this marking period but ended up spending a good majority of the marking period on the wolf. I personally set time goals like this for myself and tend to rush my works in order to just get it done. However, seeing how nicely Shriya’s wolf turned out because she focused on the quality rather than getting it done and moving on to the next part motivates me to slow down and make sure that things turn out the way I want them to. With this time, Shriya was also able to plan out her animation by creating a storyboard and better understanding exactly what she wanted in her animation.

No comments:
Post a Comment