Thursday, March 12, 2020

End of Marking Period 3 Blogpost

Intention Definition & Exploration of Ideas:
I continued the theme of looking inward where I focus on various emotions I feel or feel is very common for others to feel. This marking period I continued to work on the piece that responds to the piece from the second marking period that discussed the lack of trust formed. Other than that, I have continued to create less formal pieces that include discussing blooming relationships(among that same family), music as a way of healing and changes in someone as they grow and whether these changes are real or fake. Also, I have decided early on that I did not want a screen for my display since I do not animate and all my animations from tenth grade have been lost in the void of Youtube and not wanting students to have accounts, so for my two favorite animations from sophomore year, I recreated them into still images.

Planning: I have not really tried to do anything new this marking period in terms of planning. I have kind of just stuck with the drawing the scene and sticking to that plan to the best of my ability. I have noticed however that I have kind of found inspiration in small things and developed them later on to match my theme. Like for the music piece, I was just playing with the flash on my phone and decided that I wanted to make something with them. That’s when I eventually decided that it would be cool if I modeled a mouth and related this to healing. I also did some research into typography and basically every time I think about all the words and stuff my head hurts. So although I like a more crowded scene, I have decided to stay simple when it comes to using text . My plan is to usually play with the size and color and try not to think too much into it. Lastly, I have looked into a whole lot of photo editing apps since ibis Paintx does not have things that can add noise for bringing up the sharpness and that kind of stuff. With this two blogpost long search I settled and have played with Picsart since it reminded me a lot of ibis Paintx but also has a lot of unique things to it as well.

Producing:
This basically came when I decided to draw the boy in all these other pieces and then decided to draw the parents when I finished that. I liked how they looked so I wanted to put them together in a piece but I was not exactly sure how. So I kind of did this formation with them and when I wanted to fill the background I got the idea of a piece that is not as detailed as the other two but one that is more positive. So I chose to draw leaves, flowers and fruit to resemble a blooming relationship to show the group kind of rekindling and coming closer together. Overall, I think the piece is really nice and it makes me feel lighter when I look at it which is definitely something I wanted to come from this piece. The only thing I feel iffy about is that even though I used a set color scheme from a website, I feel that the mother is too bright in comparison to the rest of the piece.
 This piece is about music for healing. Personally, I really like the colors I used as they really worked well together. I also like how I combined pictures and models in this photo as well although I had trouble trying to make the two blend in together as much as possible since the models were very round and the pictures had a high contrast.
 This piece kind of questions the changes and growth in a person and whether it is actually real or just a facade. I personally liked all the drawings I made on their own but I did have some difficulty putting them all together in one whole piece. I also felt when this piece was all put together that it was very simple, which is why I added noise to kind of fill that emptiness. Other than that I really like how the text turned out as it was exactly how I envisioned it.
 This is one of the pieces that are a remake of one of my animations in my sophomore year. The only thing I had left of this was a still of the hand and the cake and so I used it in this piece. I had this general idea of what I wanted but I could not exactly put it on paper. However I really liked how it ended up and I love the colors and outlines on it.
This is the final piece of the family piece. Currently, I get mad children's book cover vibes from it. I feel like this is because it’s not flat enough, but at the same time I like it how it is. I also feel that the colors are too vibrant and I should probably turn the saturation down on the whole piece.
 This is the second piece based off an animation I did in sophomore year and overall I like how it turned out. Originally, I had the dots on the background but I felt like that it did not look right. After a lot of thought I determined that this is because it created too much emphasis on the people which I did not want and moved it onto them. I have also moved the border to be under the people since I have uploaded the photo.

Evaluating:
For this marking, I spent a majority of my class time working on finishing the models for the piece I started in the third and then began a lot of small things that eventually contributed to these pieces. Modeling the small things was so relieving because I spent so little time on them in comparison to the big model. I also noticed that I have kind of been at a loss at what to do when I do not get the result I want for my pieces. Like I kind of stare at them and know that it looks wrong but I do not know what exactly is wrong. I have kind of worked this out by asking my siblings for advice and working off their feedback but I also kind of want like a “dictionary” of sorts where I can like know that when I feel or see this that doing that can give this effect to it. I feel like that could help me better understand what I want to do. I liked how I created outlines on some parts and not on others. I feel like that it creates a nice contrast and gives off even more of that 2D look that I like. In fact, that might be something I try for the rebellion piece. Lastly, I like how my colors turned out for most of the pieces. 

Integrating:
This is basically all I plan on doing for the rest of this year, so I am basically ready to start preparing for the District Arts Fest. I feel that I started off really well and really stuck with keeping organized, but during the end I really began to feel out of it. I feel that from now on if I continue making art as a hobby I will really take my time. I felt that I really tried to hit a deadline with these last couple of pieces and never really gave myself the time to go back and get a second look. In fact, getting that second look later on and changing a couple things have really made my art a lot better. I also think I need to plan out my art more like the way I did in the first and second marking period so I could be able to base my work off more. In general, this marking I really went through senioritis and I just needed to find the will to work, but at the same time not force myself to finish something because I will not be happy with the results.

Work Log:
Monday:modeled scene
Tuesday:modeled scene
Wednesday:worked on blogpost
Thursday:worked on blogpost
Friday:worked on blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment