This marking period Caden created a music video for his friend. For this, he created a plan for what he wanted to do which included where he wanted to film and what kind of shots he wanted to get. I do create plans for the general structure of the piece but I do not really focus on camera angles or lighting. Hearing Caden plan out his film by doing has brought attention to me to try this out so when it comes to rendering models I know what I want to do in terms of camera angles and not just create something on the spot. Also, during his presentation, he discussed how he also had some shots that were not planned but included because they just fit in with the artist’s whole personality. I think this is really cool and I think it really works out for this music video as the artist’s personality is very apparent. Lastly, in the music video, I loved the vibrant colors especially the vibrant yellow and blue. This was something that really stuck with me and I definitely want to try something like that if I ever see it fit into an idea. I also like how Caden really stuck to the lofi aesthetic that we have seen in both his and Sofia’s films. He kept a fuzzy, bright-color look throughout and I could easily identify it as being a part of this look.
This marking period Alaina chose to take a break on her first marking period piece because of some setbacks she experienced. I can definitely understand this feeling and completely understand how much better it feels to return to it when you are not frustrated with it and actually want to work on it. This marking period she decided to focus on this idea of haunted art pieces and took this concept to create this concept of a bathroom. Since she has a passion for both this and architecture I thought that this was really cool since she took things she liked to create a piece she liked. Something that I can see that both I and Alaina share is that we really are not that big fans of simplicity. It is not that we hate it it is just that we want to fill it so when she said that she added textures to fill it up I completely understood where she was coming from. One thing I really liked was how she did fill up space in her piece with the furniture and the mirrors so it was not empty space and I also liked how she continued to work on so it becomes something she is content with.
This marking period Shriya continued on her piece of one’s identity and what exactly it is. She did through an animation where the people in it are not set figures but more just general plain figures. I liked this idea of keeping the models simple because it then attracts attention to the models that are different and it prevents the audience from assigning a personality to the people. I also liked how Shriya showed one’s interpretation through glasses. Also, I know that Shriya felt very uncomfortable with hearing her own voice but I liked how she included the audio. I can kinda see it as how I have interested in using text. Both ways kind of use text to guide the audience to the point of the piece which is why I really like both. I also liked how she used different colors to present the different worlds and perspectives of people.
This marking period Vivian continued to with her theme of looking inward by recreating drawings into 3D renders and animations. She continued working on the idea of unraveling and finished the animation. I like how she combined both the aspects of screenshots and animations to really show what parts when by quick and what parts really stuck and effected the characters. I also like how she works on multiple things at once that interest her. Like since she wants to go into like graphic design she worked on a fake brand and advertising it for fun. I tend to have ideas but have no passion to work on them at multiple times and really doing it one at a time is what works best for me. I also liked how she wanted to work more on modeling and so she used her drawings to also help her work on that to create the piece with the double-sided ribbon.
For this marking period, Sean was set on making a movie to work on his film skills. For planning, he created a script and storyboard for the shots he wanted and knew that he wanted this to be something that he did with his cousins. I liked how he stuck with his goals and was able to get it done. I also liked the various shots he included in his film that at various times showed the relationship between the two characters, what occurs as a result, and where the events took place. I liked how the scene, in general, was dark which really complimented the dark events that occur. Sean also took some really cool photos this marking period. I know he said that he kind of like this style of editing in photos and I could not agree more. I think the colors look really cool and definitely take something real and alters it into something more fantastical. I do not how exactly to go about it with Sean’s kind of writing but if he could combine the vibrant colors of his photos and the dark stories I would be all sorts of amazed, ecstatic and happy.
Work Log:
Most Days:End of Marking Period Blogposts
The Two Days Bomboy was Absent:Posing and Fixing Rigging Issues on Character
No comments:
Post a Comment