Monday, January 20, 2020

Text I Like

For this blogpost, we are supposed to take something we want to improve upon and do our blogpost on that. For me, I feel that this would be how to use text more efficiently in my pieces for my interests in art. So, in this blogpost, I am going to look at three different kinds of art styles that I like and how they use kind of set up text so it compliments the pieces and how that can help me with my art and why I should avoid others when it comes to my art.

1.Aesthetic

I have recently found a lot of edits being done to photos to add on to a little photoshoot for one’s Instagram. I have recently been really obsessed with these and really like how they turn out. They have a lot going on to them which is something I like to include in my own pieces. In most cases, they like to include little phrases of text complimenting their appearance since the purpose for those posts is basically for their appearance and looking good and the edits really don't relate to that at all. I definitely do not want this for my pieces I, however, do like how these edits to include an array of small text in various places that all in a sense relate to one another. I feel that I have sentences that I want to say but are too long to just put into the piece so maybe just stick to words or phrases that help convey the meaning rather than just saying it out loud would be more beneficial when it comes to placing text into pieces. For the piece above specifically, it does relate to the whole beauty thing especially since a bunch of unedited photos comes after it but I like how they relate the colors and meaning of the text to the heavenly edits of the photo.



This piece is an example of something where I love the editing but hate the text. This piece includes text that falls more under the anime text that I am going to talk about next and does not change it in a way so it fits into the rest of the piece. This makes the text itself stand out which can be a good thing, but the text itself does not relate to the butterflies and clouds present. This is what I want to avoid. I do not want to include text that does not relate to the piece in terms of meaning and colors and appearances so when I am planning out my pieces I should be considering these three things as well.

2.Anime Subtitles

I touched on this in a blogpost last year along with earlier in this post so I want to be brief with this. These pieces definitely provoke more thought into meaning but all in all, it is like those movie screenshots with subtitles, which is not what I am going for. Overall this piece includes imagery that relates to the quote but you cannot really distinguish it from a screenshot or well-chosen images making this sort style difficult in my opinion.

3.Memes

This is a funnier and not serious form of art that I personally really enjoy. These kinds of memes make no sense at all sometimes and I love it. In terms of text, however, I love the variety to the text. The text is in different colors and positions which helps make it look more interesting and nonsensical. Although I am not trying to go for this random look I admire how these artists can rearrange all this text around and still have a viewer like me follow it perfectly fine. If I really want to use longer phrases I would rather do it in a more mixed up and broken manner like this than to try to keep it together.


 Work Log: Reviewing end of marking period blogposts

No comments:

Post a Comment