Friday, April 26, 2019

Animating Textures

For the good majority of the year, I have been working with creating a 2D effect with my 3D models. For this blog post, I will be experimenting with keeping this look but also using shadows and other designs and animating those. For my artwork, during the second marking period, I did use shadows I just did not know if I could move them. Furthermore, I believe that I could really use the “I” key and set a keyframe so this blog post is more me what I can do and what I cannot.

 From this video, it is stated that I actually cannot animate textures, however, there is an addon called animall that can allow me to do this. In the video, it focuses only on moving from one of the texture to the other which is helpful, but I would also like to see if there are ways to change from texture to texture.

Tutorial on How to Use Animall:
1.turn on the addon
2.go into edit mode
3. In the tab to the left, there is a section for animall in the animation tab. From there you check off what you want to animate(point, shape, E-bevel, V-bevel, crease, V-cols, V-groups, UVs) for the case of animating textures you would check the UV option

4. To create a keyframe, you will click on insert






 
 In this video, it does not suggest a way to change textures but the creator uses one texture and draws multiple frames on it. This does mean I am going to have to dedicate time to work on 2D animation for when I want to do this in future works. This also means that if I want to do a gradient of sorts I would have to physically animate it.

 Work Log:
Monday:rendering
Tuesday:rendering
Wednesday:rendering
Thursday:modeling new scene
Friday:field trip

No comments:

Post a Comment