Starting with this:
And Transforming it to this:
Currently, I am definitely at the beginning part, but I definitely want to learn how to use nodes to make the model look more realistic and better. Rather than typing everything about nodes, I will paste the link to Blender Guru’s encyclopedia to nodes since I cannot put it into simpler words.
The Cycles Input Encyclopedia:
https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/cycles-input-encyclopedia
Expectations for Materials/Textures:
Skin: For skin, I also want to base this off of YanSculpt’s method of texturing. His textures include pores, scratches, and acne to make a more realistic appearance. However, I do not think I will go this in depth for my work because I feel like it should not be too realistic. For the skin, I know that YanSculpts uses a mixture of a subdivision surface and a glossy material to get that shiny, but soft look to the skin.
Hair: I really do not like the simplicity of YanScuplts hair to the skin, but I also do not want the hair of my model to be too realistic. Because of this, I am thinking of going to my roots and trying to texture hair similar to an mmd model. However, I do want to do a mix shader and add some bump mapping to add detail to it.
Eyes: There are two methods I am going to try in order to make the eyes look nice. The first method is a method I see a lot. This method has two separate meshes for the eye. One mesh has a glass texture to achieve the glassy look of the eye while the other has the actual texture of the eye. However, I want to see if I could get the same effect with a mix shader.
Clothes: To start off, I want a similar texture for the pants and the coat/cardigan. For both of these, I want a velvety look to it. However, I do not plan on using only the velvet texture on them because I do not want them to fully be velvet, but to have I softer look to them.
| My ultimate goal for the pants |
For the shirt, however, I want it to be to be more like cotton similar to this sweatshirt. I’ve been looking at tutorials that achieve this cotton-like effect with a bump map or using sounds.
Work Log:
Monday: No School
Tuesday: Modeling Coat
Wednesday: Absent
Thursday: Modeling Coat Sleeves
Friday: Readjusting Model to Liking
No comments:
Post a Comment