
Next, Sophia has focused on documentaries, photography, and mini-projects throughout this marking period. I especially enjoy her vlog series Bougious Bois which is simply lighthearted fun. I personally felt like I focused too hard on keeping the original look for my works so to see Sophia have fun with her works and just do whatever interests her has really helped me feel more comfortable with doing whatever I feel like. Along with this I love the practice shots she took for the documentary she is working on with Caden, Kailee, and Gage mainly because of the color. I definitely like the Avante Garde look and might want to work with it later on in the year.
Shriya has been working on various modeling projects throughout this marking period. The two I really want to focus on is the Hindu god and the phoenix. First, I enjoyed the Hindu god because it introduced her culture into her work and hearing about it while she worked on it was fascinating. With her phoenix I really enjoy the variety of colors to it rather than following the generic yellow and red that people have attached to the phoenix; it makes her phoenix stand out from the rest. I also liked how Shriya’s idea of doing a series of mythical creatures and I definitely think that this is a great idea and would personally want to try a series myself throughout the school year.

To start off, me and my sister love Vivian’s sketches. I personally like the detail to them and how the sketches she specifically pointed out have a story to them. I like how she is making animations based on this art too and maybe I could try and do this myself and use characters from my angsty middle school years rather than using characters from shows. I also like how Vivian’s art takes various sensitive things like purging to express “butterflies in your stomach”. It may be unsettling to some, but I feel it creates a great analogy to nervousness that I personally feel. Personally, I don’t think I would do this myself, but I think Vivian should.
Lastly, Auburn has been working on a documentary that uncovers the LGBT community. I like how Auburn has found a problem in our society and wants to create a documentary to help people understand. I personally like Auburn has fully prepared for her documentary. Personally, I kind of just go along with an idea until it is finished, but Auburn thoroughly thought through various techniques on interviewing and lighting for interviews to get this right. Personally, I might try to be more organized and research more to create better works.
Work Log:
Monday:Sculpted Head
Tuesday:Sculpted mouth
Wednesday:Sculpted eyes
Thursday:Sculpted second head
Friday:Sculpted body
No comments:
Post a Comment